Sustainable Development Charter
At Odyssey Energy Limited (Odyssey), we believe the success of our business
is underpinned by a strong commitment to all aspects of sustainable development
with an integrated approach to economic, social and environmental management
and effective corporate governance.
Health and Safety Policy
Odyssey believes that sound occupational
health and safety management practices are in the best interests of
its employees, its business, its shareholders, and the communities in which
Odyssey is committed to achieving the highest performance in occupational
health and safety to create and maintain a safe and healthy environment at
We therefore seek to eliminate work-related incidents, illnesses and injuries
by identifying, assessing and, where reasonably practical, eliminating or
otherwise controlling hazards.
Odyssey regards caring for the environment as an integral part of our business
and is committed to operating in a responsible manner which minimises our
impact on the environment.
We therefore seek to ensure that, throughout all phases of our activities,
Odyssey personnel and contractors give proper consideration to the care of
flora, fauna, land, air, water and the community.
To fulfil this commitment, we will:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations;
- Implement and maintain effective environmental management systems;
- Integrate environmental factors into decision-making throughout project
- Assess the potential environmental effects of our activities and manage
- Regularly monitor, and strive to continually improve our environmental
- Rehabilitate the environment affected by our activities;
- Promote environmental awareness among our personnel and contractors to
increase understanding of their roles and responsibilities in relation
to environmental management; and
- Consult and communicate openly with host communities, governments and